(MOU) sign Between HUJRA & University of Swat.
Signing of “Memorandum of Understanding” (MOU) Between HUJRA Organization & Department of Law & Sharia, University of Swat.
MOU has signed between HUJRA Organization and Department of Law & Sharia, University of Swat on Nov 19th, 2014 at University of Swat. Salim Ahmad (E.D, HUJRA) and Dr. Mushtaq Ahmad signed the MOU for the purpose to develop collaboration between HUJRA and University of swat regarding researches and under UNDP Rule of Law Program, Law & Sharia Department University of Swat help in identification of deserving female law students and graduates for scholarships and apprenticeships.
Meeting with Community Focal Persons to Mobilize for Legal Aid Activities:
Meeting was held on 15 and 16 Nov, 2014 at HUJRA Head Office with male and female community
members regarding mobilization for legal aid activities. The objective of the meeting was
To orient community focal persons/ Paralegals on Strengthening Rule of Law.
- To mobilize community focal persons/ paralegals on legal aid activities and procedures.
- To define and discuss the role of community focal persons in SRLM Project.
- To discuss about further improvements in legal aid activities at community level.
- To aware the community focal persons regarding fundamental rights of citizens and laws.
Legal Aid Clinic
Combine male and female legal aid clinic was conducted at Post Graduate Jehanzeb College Saidu Sharif Swat. The objective of the clinic was
• To orient the students and professors on Strengthening Rule of Law Project.
• To create awareness among the students regarding fundamental rights, Law and kind of laws with examples.
• To provide on spot legal consultations